We are almost to 80 days!! We have made it to this special day and I am freaking out I still cannot believe I will be a Mrs. soon. The calender is full and so is my heart, here is part two of our wedding journey!!
Okay everyone first thing I will say is if you have not yet downloaded The Knot app you need to and fast!! It is a real lifesaver, we have all our registeries listed here and we even have our own custom page!! If you do not like phone apps or they are to confusing(this one is not!!) I would definitely recommend a notebook or binder as well!! Now that we are in crunch mode i went from my big bulky binder to a little notebook. I use my binder still it is just easier sometimes to just take my little notebook and go!!
We have all our invitations ordered and to be honest i ended up going in another direction with them. I had a different vision at first but the ones we ended up with are perfect. We went with Vistaprint for our formal invitations, and i did this in the end instead was because my sister found my bridal shower invites on there. Every site I went on really had to many options to choose from and that was an issue, with less selction it really does make it easier. Shutterfly was the same way as well just more pricy. We even were lucky enough to get a special code at checkout with email sign up so it was so worth it.
Also here are some quick pointers and mistakes I have made to help you so you have less or none!!
- Make sure at every dress fitting you and your ladies bring your shoes and bra you will be wearing under your dress, I was informed to late the first time
- When you have little ones standing in the wedding it is best advised to have them break in the shoes a little bit before the big day!! (If the shoes are new) a month before at least
- Have snacks and water available for the wedding party, in the morning and throughout the day!! Its important especially in the hot months to have it handy!!
- Be a month ahead…we are ahead of schedule right now and it is great!!
- Ask for help…I struggle with this one still to, I think I want everything to be perfect and I need to remind myself that it won’t be and that is okay some things it really is not worth stressing over
- Don’t let anyone elses opinion affect what you truly do want. I have had several people try to tell me what to do and then bridezilla mode kicks in…I love advice but I don’t like when someone else tries to take control of something I have been dreaming of my whole life
Sorry for the rant for a second! I have been sick for the past few days to so i am so so so sorry for the delay on posts!! I will be changing that now
Alrighty we are here, we made it to a very special month, the month dedicated to you basically once you are born…..you know what I am talking about,your birthday month!!!
I am stepping up my game everywhere and I am beyond ready to conquer this month and the next few. I figured since it is still pretty early on in the month I would take advantage and introduce myself or reintroduce myself or just tell you more. I will be 28 this month and I decided to list 28 facts about myself!!
So lets jump into this fun page and get a little personal:
28 Random Facts about Me
- I love Mexican food, if I could have it 3 times a day I so would
- I have only traveled to Alaska and California (hence excitement for the honeymoon road trip!!)
- My hair is one of my fave parts of myself, im all natural(momma wouldn’t let me dye it)
- Smiling is my favorite to😀
- In another life i swear i was a princess
- If you ever want to hear me sing you can always catch live shows in my bathroom
- Black leggings and bronzer ❤❤
- I don’t care for cheese,and other dairy i only care for sour cream and of course 🍕. (Only exception)
- I am obsessed with anything glee harry potter or disney
- Fall is my favorite season
- I have had a job since I was 16
- Christmas time is my favorite
- My mom and grandpa are my hero
- Jennifer Lawrence and Lea Michele are my inspo.
- Reese Witherspoon to😘
- Sparkling water is so overrated
- Celeb couple goals would have to be JJD+ED and Thomas Rhett Akins and Lauren Akins.
- I want to live in Tennessee for a couple years
- I am very old fashioned
- Fave date night pizza,wine,music, and games at home
- I love to cook!!
- Cleaning thats another story
- One thing on my bucket list is to sky dive
- Gerry and I never can miss an episode of Gold Rush (so funny right its a great show though)
- Our newest one is the deadliest catch
- I love taking pictures📷
- Snakes creep me out🐍
- Smiling is the best feature any person can have (i love quotes)
I am a fun person and while I am on the serious side I definitely love to let loose and have a great time to!! I know this maybe a random post but I just wanted you all to get to know me more!! Hopefully you hit that follow botton and continue on this journey with me!! I love blogging and creating!!
Today I am wearing my Tacos shirt because like I said I love my tacos!! It is from Forever 21 last season..I couldn’t find that one but I linked a website to some other cute taco topic tops I plan on snagging up soon!!
Wedding Wednesday is an official thing being used now, on all of my social media platforms so since I am engaged I am totally taking advantage of this day while I can….
We are almost to 100 days and I am freaking out I can’t believe it almost 100 days people!! So besides all the fun stuff booking your caterer, ordering invitations and all the table decorations….Ger and I are currently planning out our honeymoon itinary and it has been so fun.(maybe some of the best parts) We are taking a two week road trip!!
So since we will be newly married I ordered us some special shirts for us on different days we are gone. We some how always end up matching and never mean it so I had to be extra and take it that far. 😉
Gerry and I are so excited for our two week adventure. We plan on doing so much and vlogging and blogging it all on the way!! Well as much as possible.
Stay with me these next few months I will talk more about that fun adventure as it comes closer!! I want to say thank you to the great Etsy pages I found and i highly recommend them both so I listed the links below and the Etsy pages I purchased the shirts from!!
Have a great week!!
Okay everyone I feel so lucky right now. I now own my website for one and two I was asked to do my first collaboration!! I feel so honored and I am so excited to share it all with you.
I took some more pictures and was going to fill you in on them.I decided the best way for me to do this is to list a picture then what brush it is next to it…..I will upload a video of me using these brushes with my makeup and explain more in detail where you use each brush!! I am so excited to try this new adventure and explore more into the makeup world. I am no pro and I would love to learn more so I am so excited for this adventure.
2. Powder Brush-
3. Concealer Brush-
4. Finishing Brush-
Down below I listed a link to follow to find the website the brushes are sold on as well as a special discount code they made just for me!! I hope you all head over and take advantage of the spring sale they have going on!!
The website is having an amazing spring sale as well going on so head over to the site and take advantage!!
Special Discount Code-MELIGARN25
He will be my forever valentine, and I still cannot believe I get to do life with this man. We are getting married in six months now and the wedding planning is in full swing!! We have so many appointments and different dates we have to remember for certain things, we are on this love roller coaster and I’m so excited for it all to happen.Since it is February the love month I decided I would do some different topics on love,marriage planning and some sweet treats in between!!
Every year i make Gerry a sweet treat to have on Valentines day,last year i made him some cookies and a candy cup treat but this year im going to make Some convo heart cupcakes. I posted Some pictures in case you need a last minute treat for your Valentines as well!!
Okay ladies, this whole wedding planning is real life. It is a no joke game, it can become a full time job and I didn’t even think it was possible. While it is fun it is a lot of work and I decided to put this blog post together to help other brides who may be struggling or just want some extra advice from a fellow bride to be!!
- First things first book your locations. If you plan on doing the ceremony at one place and plan on the reception at a other you need to get on these right away. Every place books up I was lucky with my location we are doing both at the same place and little cost to us. Other brides I have spoken with are not as lucky, some venues are booked for the next three years especially barns!!
- Another rule when your booking any tents,transportation,caterer, or photobooth ect. Always use the one,two,three rule. Find at least three suppliers first and then eliminate them one by one by the price and rating,also how fast they respond to you. Don’t wait around on some place for two weeks just because they have a great price look around don’t settle.
- Make a wedding binder. Print out or buy section separators and make yourself a book. Keep everything in it pictures, appointment cards, reminders ect. It makes it so much easier having everything in one spot.
- Also keep a notebook with you or have sticky notes in your phone. I find myself constantly writing in it when I’m out, you never know when you will think of an idea or see something you love.
- Use a wedding website. I am obsessed with ours. We have everything on it from check lists to vendor ideas and your own website to customize so guests can follow along even better, I love the knot app I have it on my phone and on our iPad at home.
- Take a break. It is important at times not always but it is nice to take a day off and focus on other things instead of the wedding planning.
Pretty warning as well you may find yourselves consuming more wine then usual and that is normal to, haha just enjoy your special time live in the moment and breath, everything will fall into place!!
Okay I am in full clean and organizing mode forget spring cleaning I’ve started these past few weeks and I’m so excited!! I have so many things I want to do and move around I even told Gerry I wanted to move the rooms around and switch it up. He liked it I think..
I am starting in my kitchen by organizing my spices and baking needs. I have so much Tupperware and extra containers just laying around taking up extra clutter so I decided to take care of that real quick. I even went and purchased some fancy labels to help me recognize what is what.
I have been organizing and discarding all over the house and it was needed after the holidays. I also organized and went through some of our closets that I will share on my next post!! Happy organizing and weekend!!